Welcome...

The ROWBERRY One-Name Study actually covers many variants, such as my own name RUBERY. In fact these are the two most frequently found variants today, closely followed by ROBERY, ROWBURY and RUBERRY. Others still extant include REWBURY, ROEBURY, ROVERY, ROWBERY, ROWBORY, ROWBREE, ROWBREY, ROWBURREY, RUBBERY, RUBBRA, RUBRA, RUBREY and RUBURY.


Sunday, January 14, 2007

More contacts

Over the last few days two more replies to the GenesReunited contacts. One was connected to the Liverpool Family of RUBERY Tree One and the other to one of the Cornish oddments.

This evening an email with a scan of burials from the Worcester News of 10 Jan 2007, with Edward John ROWBERRY's burial listed. He is probably the one on the Bromyard Family of ROWBERRY Tree One.

Also today, a phone call from a lady in Cornwall who is on the RUBERRY of Cornwall Tree. And in checking that this link worked OK found that some of the tree images on the web page had gone missing so uploaded them again. No-one seems to have noticed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I became involved in Genealogy when Polly & Nicky asked me to gather any information of my side of the Rowbury family to add to what they had already got.
After a lot of searching I was able to find all 7 of my cousins and pass this on to Polly.
I was then able to tell them about the Family Gathering that was to take place in 2000.
Polly also told me that there would be some American cousins there,I spoke to my brothers & sisters but they like me had no knowledge of them so we were interested to meet them.
We have since met and have been in contact with them ever since.
I am looking forward to the next FG
and meeting all the great people that I have been in touch with and hopefully meeting many more.
I would urge all male Rs etc to have the DNA test and probably get to know a lot more.

I have written this comment to show that there is a whole new world waiting to be explored and to wish you all far & near good luck and good searching.

I count myself lucky to have met so many nice & good people.

Ted