Welcome...

The ROWBERRY One-Name Study actually covers many variants, such as my own name RUBERY. In fact these are the two most frequently found variants today, closely followed by ROBERY, ROWBURY and RUBERRY. Others still extant include REWBURY, ROEBURY, ROVERY, ROWBERY, ROWBORY, ROWBREE, ROWBREY, ROWBURREY, RUBBERY, RUBBRA, RUBRA, RUBREY and RUBURY.


Saturday, January 06, 2007

ROWBERRYs in Sheffield

Received an email from Annette Maynard, a GenesReunited contact, whose mother is a ROWBERRY. She has been able to help fill in a few gaps on the Sheffield Family's tree, and I was pleased to send her a copy when I had updated it. Imagine my feelings when she told me that some of her uncle's children had "had a family tree done for his birthday a couple years ago and unfortunately who ever they paid £300 to do it got most of the information wrong."!

Later on when she confirmed safe receipt of my free tree, I sent her the Hanley Castle and Welland Family Tree, which is the next step back. Both belong to the second largest of the trees, ROWBERRY Tree Two, with its origins in Leigh, Worcestershire in the 1600s.

I have also had an email from Sally-Anne Chambers, another GenesReunited contact, who is looking for the link to her tree (part of the Essex Family on ROWBERRY Tree One) on the RONS website, so I was able to help her with that too.

Finally as a result of the Thetford RD Marriage Challenge I received the details of the marriage of William ROWBREE and Mary Ann ARNOLD on Christmas Day 1864 at West Tofts, Norfolk [ROWBREE Family, ROWBERRY Tree One] from fellow GOON John Pepperdine. However he was not sure of the residence of William.

No comments: